Castors Cape Town Western Cape
At Cape Castors we aim to become your preferred partner, deserving the business of the major players in the market place because of our expertise and the quality of products and services we offer.
Castors Cape Town. We supply high quality castors and wheels for the local markets of Cape Town, surrounding areas in the Boland and as far as George and Mossel Bay in the Southern Cape. Our extensive range of castors & wheels caters for a number of applications. We stock braked castors, swivel castors, plus appliance castors.
The Top Suppliers of High Quality Castors in Cape Town Are a Phone-call Away! Call us on 082 693 0000 for more information or a free quotation.
If you are looking for just a few castors for a small appliance project or thousands of castor wheels in various sizes for large production runs Cape Castors can help. From our huge range of castors and wheels that are always in stock, we supply a raft of industrial swivel castors with brakes, stainless steel fixed castors, pneumatic rubber wheels and more.
Castors Cape Town – Who We Are
Cape Castors is a leading supplier of castors and polyurethane wheels for a range of industrial and commercial applications.
Castors Cape Town – Industrial Castors
As old as the materials handling industry itself, the industrial castor has proved itself time and again as a reliable and cost effective solution to improved productivity across the enterprise. Available in the widest possible variety of sizes, styles and combinations in a range of performance variants to suit every application from trolleys and transports to chairs and railings.
Castors Cape Town – Advantages of Industrial Castors
- Greater productivity for minimum outlay as handling times are dramatically reduced as process materials are kept moving.
- Professionally designed and manufactured castors eliminate the risks associated with unsafe materials handling or the difficult movement of products, components or materials.
- Versatile and flexible. Castors can be adapted and reapplied for use in any dynamic manufacturing environment no matter how often plants, processes or locations may change.
- Maximum protection of goods is assured as castors eliminate the need for physical transportation, ensuring valuable products or components are moved between points with a minimum of intervention, protecting against potential costly losses associated with human error.
Castors Cape Town – Castor Types
Types of Castors:
Swivel castor (swivels 360 deg.). Fixed castor (Does not swivel, only moves in a straight line). Swivel with brake castor (Swivel castor with kick brake). Swivel brake castors lock the wheel as well as directional lock.
- Castors can be manufactured to have a rigid frame.
- Casters may include an added functionality—unlike standard rigid wheels, to rotate in a complete 360 degrees. These castors must be able to support a minimum amount of weight while being able to easily roll it on its wheels.
- For ease of maneuverability, castors can be designed to pivot, meaning you’ll be able to transport your items with much more ease should you need to turn a corner, something that regularly transported items need.
- Swivel castors enable the equipment, table, or dolly to move and turn in restricted spaces.
- Ball-bearing castors are covered with a decorative case to provide more aesthetic appeal.
- Both standard and heavy-duty castors may be equipped with a locking mechanism to secure the castors in place to keep the device in a stationary position.
Castors Cape Town – Duty ranges
Light duty or Institutional castors. (i.e. Hospitals, Universities. etc.) normally grey rubber wheel castors, furniture castors, office chair castors.
Medium or Industrial duty, castors. This range consists of typically nylon wheels, polypropylene wheels, elastic rubber wheels, grey rubber wheels, cast iron polyurethane wheels, nylon polyurethane wheels, bakery aluminium heat resistant wheel castors.
Heavy duty industrial castors. This range consists of mostly cast iron polyurethane wheel castors, or cast iron wheel castor. Wheels within the heavy duty ranges normally comes with ball bearings. The distinction between standard casters and heavy-duty casters is the amount of weight that is safely supported by the caster.
Another place you could use heavy-duty casters is in manufacturing plants that produce heavy machinery and equipment. They are used in aircraft assembly plants, auto assembly plants, and heavy equipment/earthmoving equipment manufacturing plants. The bottom line is that heavy-duty casters enable workers to move heavy parts and assemblies to various locations within the plant with much more ease making manual work less strenuous on the back of your employees.
Standard castors are also used for furniture and appliances in the home. Decorative castors may be attached to shelving units, such as TV stands and desks. However, heavy-duty castors are often used in manufacturing plants, warehouses, and on other large objects that require mobility.
Castors Cape Town – Product Range
Castors Cape Town – Service Areas
No matter how challenging or what the size of the project is, at Castors Cape Town we pride ourselves on our Reputation of being responsive to the needs of our Clients as well as delivering a quality product on Time and within your Budget.
Contact us on 082 693 0000 for more information or a free quotation.
Topic: Castors Cape Town
Castors Cape Town – Visit our Blog page